Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Reincarnation and Baby Hair

 

The other day I was watching an interview with an actress who was raised Hindu, and she was saying that they believed all a baby's hair should be shaved off in the first year of life because it was a connection to their previous life. She said the more hair a baby is born with, the more connected to their previous life they are. I had never heard this before, but it's true that I had so much hair as a newborn that the nurses were able to tie a bow in it - I've seen photographic proof - and I also still remember my previous life. In fact, I have met very few people who remember their previous lives, or at least will admit to it, except for some children who have had really interesting stories. Maybe everyone else is afraid of being excommunicated...? Of course, there are people who will tell you that they are sure they had a previous life because they had this feeling or that flash of memory they can't explain, but that's not the same thing as what I'm talking about. I once met a girl who was about eight who described her life as a First Nation girl in great detail, even down to the sign language they used with other tribes for the word "water." But a few years later she couldn't remember any of it. I guess I remember my previous life, or whatever it is (Rich still hasn't found that TV show) very clearly because I think about it a lot. I think about how I demanded never to have children in this current life, and what a stupid request that was. But maybe it's good I remember, so I know whose fault it is that I'm not a mother. No use in blaming God when He tried to talk me out of it but I insisted.


Famous Hat


No comments: