Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Trains and Cranes (and Rosaries and Sunsets)

 

On Monday during my lunchtime walk, I heard a train in the distance. I got in position and waited, and I actually saw it before it blew its whistle. It was a very slow train, and I got a good video but almost froze my hand off, and it's too long so Blogspot won't let me post it. It's not worth throwing onto YouTube, although I may do that at some point, so enjoy this video my neighbor took of a train at the end of November, where she turned the camera so that the train looks like it's heading straight down.

Today the cranes were back! They were yelling and yelling, one from the marsh behind our house and one from the dock. We saw them on our walk before work but didn't have our good cameras, so Travalon took some photos with his cell phone. Here's the best one.


Then we went back out later with his good camera.



And the geese are back too.


While I was working, I could hear the crane in the marsh behind our condo, so I grabbed my good camera and took this picture of him out the window.


Here is the rosary Travalon got for me at Holy Hill, glowing under the blacklight.


Maybe you can see the colors better with the blacklight angled slightly away from it.


And here are the three recent acquisitions I posted photos of under blacklight, so that you can see what they look like in natural light. The top two are from Holy Hill, and the third one is from the Valley of Our Lady Monastery.


Here are some shots of sunsets. None as spectacular as Saturday's photos, but here is one I took off our dock on Sunday.


And here are a couple from Monday, when it was a bit too cloudy.



And here are a few from today.




Of course yesterday's seemed so much more beautiful, as I drove to Adoration, but that may be because I was seeing it over the lake and not just off our dock. Location is everything in realty and photography.


Famous Hat


No comments: