Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Random Religious Ramblings

 

Tonight I went to Confession and asked the priest if leaving during Adoration was a sin, and he wasn't sure either, but he said it was good that I confessed it. He asked if there were other people in the chapel when I left, and I said yes, and some of them spoke Spanish but they didn't say anything to the guy who was loudly praying in Spanish. I had wondered if it was pride that made me leave, so that I could say I got in my daily rosary, and he said maybe next time (if it happens again) I should stay in the chapel and just finish the rosary later. Though he did concede the guy was the real jerk, praying out loud in a silent adoration chapel. They had adoration at this church right before Confession, and the priest has a good voice but can't really carry a tune, which is a fascinating combination. They were singing "O Salutaris Hostia," and I didn't have the words in front of me, but there were a few lines I remembered better than others so I would sing them more confidently. Then I realized that on those lines everyone would stay in tune, because they must have been following me. If I'd only had the words in front of me, I could have led the singing. I was the first in line to go to Confession, then I did my three Hail Marys and left. Was that gauche? Adoration was still going on, but there were plenty of people there... and not one of them praying really loudly in Spanish, or any language. I just wanted to get home before Travalon did.

So you guys, I have to tell you that the camera on this computer seems to be able to take a better picture of those windows in my new rosary than my cell phone camera did. (I found that out when I held the crucifix up to the camera for Jilly Moose to see it.) Maybe I can make a short movie showing each of the Seven Sorrows of Mary! I can put it on YouTube and get 23 views! Wouldn't that be awesome?


Famous Hat


No comments: