Thursday, March 25, 2021

Light Bright-Inspired Post: Plant Personalities

 

Happy Feast of the Annunciation! I realize that on St. Joseph's feast day, I didn't mention him at all in my blog post, and this is the Year of St. Joseph. I have been praying the Litany of St. Joseph every morning since the year was declared, and I even did the Seven Sundays devotion successfully - I say this not to brag, but to show that anyone can do it. If someone like me who is so easily distracted and can lose track of doing a novena can manage to do something for seven Sundays in a row, then really anyone can. 

This morning Travalon asked me if the Annunciation is a day of obligation, and I said no, we don't have to go to Mass today. Then he wanted to know if it was a feast day, meaning he could do all those things he gave up for Lent, like order Funko Pop figurines online. I said sure, why not, and then in that spirit I spent quite a bit of time on social media. For some reason I thought of a friend I haven't seen in years, someone I've known since elementary school, so I sent another high school friend a message on social media to ask if he knew what she was up to. He said she lives on the West Coast now and is bitter at the world. What a shame, but then again when I asked what he was up to these days, he said he's in a polyamorous relationship with two women. We were all kind of oddballs in high school, but I'm almost normal now, at least compared to the two of them. 

I also texted Light Bright, because she used to help inspire me with blog post subjects, and she suggested blogging about the personality of my plants: which one would be my BFF, which one would be my archenemy, and which one would steal my boyfriend. The first one is easy - the ZZ plant would be my bestie, because it's so easygoing. The plant that would be my archenemy might be the dumb cane I got when a coworker at the Press was shutting down his side business, and it was his office plant. It's huge, it's supposed to be indestructible, but right now it's covered with little fuzzy white bugs and is deathly ill. Or maybe it would be one of the pothos plants that have spread everywhere, and it's hard to walk in my plant room without tripping over them. There you go - they're trying to kill me! Now which plant would steal my boyfriend? I don't remember Travalon having a whole lot of interest in any of my plants, but come to think of it he does really like this tall, red-tinted cactus type thing. He always comments on it. I suppose as far as plants go, it's sexy - red and tall and slim and just a bit dangerous, with spines. So once again Light Bright comes through with a blog post idea!


Famous Hat


No comments: