Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Snickle

 

Last night there was no Basque class, so I could have done Night Prayer or gone to bed, but instead I was naughty and scrolling on social media. Travalon and I both gave up social media for Lent, at least for the most part, although we can check notifications, and I have posted a few harmless things. (We're avoiding political posts.) I would have gotten away with it too, because Travalon was busy watching the Screaming Green Meanies or Oral Roberts or someone playing basketball during the March Madness tournament, and I was quietly stealth scrolling on our porch. I was looking at posts by someone I follow because I love his political and religious posts, but also his terrible puns and other funny stuff. He had one where he said, "And some people deny the existence of original sin," and it was a picture of something green with something brown inside of it. It took me a moment to realize it was a pickle with a candy bar stuffed inside of it, and the caption said: "Snickle. Follow me for more recipes." Then I just lost it, and of course Travalon heard me laughing hysterically out on the porch. Busted!! 

I wasn't sure anyone else would think Snickle was as funny as I did, but I did share it to my wall. To my immense gratification, Hardingfele immediately commented: "No." And I've gotten lots of other comments too, and lots of laughing emojis, so at least some other people must find Snickle a little amusing, if not as excruciatingly hilarious as I found it. I couldn't stop laughing for twenty minutes! I will note that the guy who posted it has also posted a picture of Peeps on pizza, which he also disapproves of, but I just find that disgusting, not funny. What is with all this food abuse??


Famous Hat


No comments: