Sunday, March 14, 2021

My Dinner Plate Pet

 

Today was a busy day. Of course I slept too late to go to our usual Mass, due to the evil known as Daylight Saving Time, so we went to a later one. Then Travalon and I met Richard Bonomo, Anna Banana II, Jilly Moose, and OK Cap for pie because it was Pi Day, but once we ate lunch, we were too full for pie, so most of us got it to go. The restaurant was so busy that by the time we got out of there, I didn't have time to join the ladies for a walk at Olbrich Gardens. I did manage to catch part of our weekly family Zoom chat, then I had Irish class, and that ran late so I barely had time to get outside to get some more steps. Then there was a two-hour Irish music concert on Zoom, and then I was leading Night Prayer tonight, so I finally got my steps in the house, listening to music and walking back and forth... and then I ate my pie. What kind of pie? Irish cream.

One crazy thing did happen today. As I was eating dinner, I saw a little green worm crawling on my plate. I kind of went "Ew," and Travalon offered to kill it, but I felt sorry for it. It must have been on the kale and somehow survived getting zapped in the microwave (Rich says maybe it's an alien life form), so I wanted to give it a chance since it had been spared like Shadrach, Michach, and Abednigo. I took the leftover kale stems and stuff that Travalon had thrown away, and I put them in a glass, then I put the worm into the glass, covered it with plastic wrap, and poked tiny air holes with a thumbtack. Will it even survive? Who knows? I'm sure my regular readers aren't shocked by this turn of events, except that I haven't named it yet. However, I do have a name for the stuffed scorpion - Esteban. Anna Banana II and Jilly Moose felt he should have a Spanish name, and that one popped into my head, and everyone liked it.


Famous Hat


No comments: