Thursday, March 4, 2021

More Glowing Things

 

Very exciting news I forgot to mention yesterday: Travalon got his first dose of COVID vaccine!! He told me he was getting his second dose today, which seemed odd until he sent me a photo of the syringe:


They sure do have some random toys where he works!

Today I ran some errands, on a mission to find things that would glow under blacklight. I knew some crystals do, so I went to a crystal store and got these two crystals. The one on the left is pink calcite from Pakistan. The one on the right is a red tiger's eye sphere. I'd never seen red tiger's eye before! Isn't it beautiful?


As promised, the calcite glows a pretty bubble gum pink under the blacklight.


I also went to a thrift store and found this Jamaican maraca for Travalon. You can see how exorbitantly pricy it was in this photo. I know you're probably saying, "But Famous, aren't maracas Mexican? And don't they usually come in pairs?" and I can't explain this. But I was willing to pay a whole quarter for it!


And I found this stuffed scorpion which was like six times as expensive!


It was so brightly colored that I thought it might glow under blacklight... and it does!


Bonus photo: here you can see the white part of Raymond the Fox's face glowing under blacklight.


One thing I didn't go to today was an art store, so I will have to do that soon and get a canvas to paint a picture with my leftover paints that glow under blacklight. Another thing I will have to do is think of a name for the glowing scorpion. I asked Travalon, and he didn't have any ideas yet either. When and if we think of a good name for it, I'll let my readers know.

Also, happy birthday to Antonio Vivaldi!


Famous Hat


No comments: