Friday, September 2, 2022

Beach Boys Hawaiian Shirt

 

Today was crazy as I prepared for my vacation, but I did get to work from home, so I saw the hummingbirds. One kept having a fight with a wasp, and then two of them were chasing each other, and several times I saw the male with his beautiful dark red throat. They are so much fun.

Travalon had the day off of work, and he went swimming, hiking, and fishing and actually caught a couple of fish, but he didn't keep them. He also went antiquing. At the antiques mall in Columbus I had seen a very cute little doll, but it was in a case with some weird racist stuff, so I was afraid it was racist too. Then I saw the same sorts of dolls at Africa Fest - they are African dolls made by Africans for their children, so not racist at all. They are made by the Ndebele people of South Africa. Travalon actually found two at the antiques mall, and he sent me photos to make sure they were what I wanted.



Yes! I wanted them! Here they are together at my house.


An exciting thing came in the mail today - Travalon's Beach Boys Hawaiian shirt! We went to a fish fry with a couple of neighbors, and one took this photo of us. (They both LOVED the shirt!)


Poor Travalon was the only man in the group, but he said he had a pretty good time. Then he and I went to Capitol Brewery to see the Red Hot Horn Dawgs. They were so good!


Here we are, listening to them.


They played a bunch of tropical songs in their last set, so we danced. Maybe that worked off a fraction of the fish fry... When we came home, I did DuoLingo, and here are some weird sentences.



There are weirder ones. Stay tuned... And here are some shots of fungus in the North Woods. First are some impressive yellow mushrooms on a tree on Mount Zion in Ironwood.


And here are some cute mushrooms we saw near the waterfalls.



I hope that you enjoyed this blog post, because it might be the last one for a few days. Tiffy and I are going to Galena for the long weekend, and after that Anna Banana II is coming to town, so it's hard to say when I will next get a chance to blog.


Famous Hat

No comments: