Thursday, September 1, 2022

Famous Hat, Scary Tennis Player (If You're a Crane)

 

Today was another crazy day at work, then Travalon came home and we played tennis. At first I thought I was doing pretty well, but soon I was back to my usual mediocre self. The cranes were watching us with their teenage offspring, until I missed a shot and hollered, "OH!!" really loudly. Then they flapped their wings and quickly fled. Guess I'm scary while playing tennis! This isn't the first time they've been really interested in our activity while we were playing, and I'm always glad there's a fence between us. A lady cardinal also watched us for a bit. Then when we were going back into the house, I noticed that the mandevilla that stayed at Rich's house all winter is blooming. Check it out.


And this happened today as I was doing DuoLingo. It's kind of faded - I should have made a screenshot before doing the exercise. You're supposed to pick which term in Column 1 goes with the one in Column 2, but in this case they were all right across from each other. Sometimes this happens. Next time I'll try to notice it before doing the exercise and then do a screenshot when the words are easier to read.


As you can see, I matched them all correctly. Sometime I'll make a screenshot of a really out-there sentence. In French the sentences aren't too odd, but Irish has ones like, "The lion eats the clothes" and, "The woman is in the refrigerator." And everyone's favorite: "The dog yells." What breed of dog is that?? Who knows, maybe in Ireland the dogs do yell. The ones I saw were herding sheep, and I don't remember them making much sound at all. They were just so wonderfully efficient.


Famous Hat


No comments: