Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Salad for Lunch

 

Today was my first official day of vacation, and it was also the first day that Travalon goes back to his school-year schedule of working in the afternoons, so we took the morning to walk on Governor's Island. I saw the Killer Building across the lake and joked that my coworkers might be looking out the window and see me, and they would be all, "Famous! Get into work!! We can't get anything done without you!" Then he left for work, and I met Anna Banana II and Jilly Moose for lunch. We sat outside at Cafe Hollander, and we each had a different kind of salad. I thought it was funny because I had recently seen an article about what each sign of the zodiac should order for takeout, and everyone else had some delicious choice like Mexican, Italian, Mediterranean, etc., but Capricorn is just supposed to order a salad. At the time I thought, "F--k you, random internet astrology blogger! I like delicious food as much as the next sign!" but then I did go and order a salad today, so there you go. Then again, so did the Leo and Virgo with me. (Yesterday Tiffy was getting a bit impatient with me because I meant to google what restaurants were open for the holiday, but I got distracted by an article about what color nail polish each sign should wear during Virgo season. I'm supposed to wear emerald green. What? And Tiffy was like what? What restaurants are open??)

After lunch we went for a walk on Governor's Island, and again I looked over at the Killer Building and wondered if they were looking over at me. Then we went for a walk at Jackson's Landing, since both loops are almost exactly a mile, but then we were getting eaten alive by mosquitos. We did see a cute rabbit at Jackson's Landing and some crazy party boaters at Governor's Island, in Three-Foot Bay. Even on a Tuesday there are people there partying! And I couldn't believe how many pre-retirement age people seemed to be wandering around Hilldale this afternoon. Do they just happen to be taking a vacation day today like me, or what are they doing with their lives that they can just hang out on a Tuesday afternoon? I think some of them might be trophy wives. Once Hardingfele and I were talking about trophy wives, and she said it sounded like a really sweet gig, but I think it would be boring. Your only job would be working out all the time to look good so your husband doesn't dump you for yet a younger woman, like he dumped his first wife for you. And guess what you would eat every day for lunch? Salad!!! To that I say, No Thanks!


Famous Hat


No comments: