Wednesday, April 12, 2023

All-Day Conference

 

Today was very beautiful. I was at an all-day conference, and between sessions I could pop outside for a few minutes. I took a session on our new purchasing system at work, then I wanted to take one on Excel, but it was full, so I took one on using your annual review to expand your career instead. In the afternoon I took one on work cultures and one on planning for retirement. Ah, retirement! It is many years away for me; in theory I could retire in a few years, but there's no way that I could afford it. 

After the meeting I went to my office for an hour, and then I went to get a haircut. The bus went right there after work, but I wasn't sure about catching one from there to where my car was parked. After the haircut I walked up to the Square, and about six minutes later a bus came going right to where my car was, so that was very handy.

Here are some photos from earlier. First, some DuoLingo bragging:


I just thought the moon looked amazing right after Vigil Mass, and it was reflected on the water of Lake Monona.


Someone seems to have drawn a Florida panther on the sidewalk at work!


And there are crocuses blooming in our neighborhood! It really is spring!


It took Boethius so long to load those four photos onto the blog that now it's really late and I must get to bed. Tomorrow Travalon and I will have dinner with the Chancellor (and a lot of other people), so I'll let you know how that goes.


Famous Hat


No comments: