Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Boethius II

 

You may or may not be wondering why I didn't blog yesterday, but there's a very good reason for it: Boethius is finally in such bad shape that I couldn't do anything with him. As my regular readers may remember, Boethius is a 2012 MacBook Pro who has been giving me grief for a few years now, and yesterday when I went to log into my work computer remotely, he wouldn't open the program. Worse, he kept rebooting every time I asked. I tried to do some work on my phone, like emails and attending a remote meeting, but I took the afternoon off to get Boethius looked at. We went to the Genius Apple place in Hilldale, and they couldn't quite figure out what the issue was either, but we decided the best solution was probably for me to get a new computer. They are able to migrate all the information over, even the name, so this will also be Boethius. They said it should be done today or tomorrow, so soon I should have a working computer at home. I am blogging right now at work, just taking a brief break because I had so many meetings today that I never actually got a break. Anyway, I will keep this brief, but here's a meme I found on social media that sure seems to be about me:


Boethius II is going to be a little different than Boethius. It's a MacBook Air, and they had four colors available (silver, a different silver, gray, and black) so I chose black. Hopefully in the next day or two I can blog on Boethius II!


Famous Hat


No comments: