Monday, April 17, 2023

U-Shaped Lightning and Investiture Photos

 

I knew I would forget something yesterday in that very long post. I forgot to mention that on Saturday night, as Rich, Tiffy, and I drove back to his house, we saw U-shaped lightning in the clouds. That reminded me that as a child I'd had a dream that the lightning made the shapes of the Alpha and the Omega in the clouds, and I wondered if I'd really seen U-shaped lightning and it had inspired that dream. I did find a video of U-shaped lightning that looked just like what we were seeing.

Here are some photos from the investiture. First, here I am in all my robed glory.


This is our governor, Tony Evers.


This is a former Chancellor, Donna Shalala.


Another former Chancellor, David Ward. He had the coolest hat of all.


Another former Chancellor, Biddy Martin, couldn't be there in person.


Yet another former Chancellor, John Wiley.


The head of the Board of Regents puts the medal on Chancellor Mnookin.


And here's Chancellor Mnookin, fully invested! As someone said, "Finally we have a Chancellor with the right color hair."


These are the pasqueflowers. I took this photo with my cell phone. Travalon took some with his good camera, which I will try to post tomorrow.


So I know this is random, but I never posted a photo of Mr. and Mrs. Curdis.


And here are some photos from Olbrich Gardens yesterday.




Travalon took the photos of the investiture, but the other photos are mine. Tomorrow I will try to post some more of his photos, of the pasqueflowers and some more photos of Olbrich, and maybe some birds.


Famous Hat


No comments: