Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Tuxedo Duck

 

Not too much happened today. I worked from home and went to Adoration. My big plan was to post photos of all the stuff I acquired at the International Festival, but Boethius seems to be having a lot of trouble downloading the photos from the cloud, so that will have to wait for another day. Travalon and I did go out to the dock during my morning break, and we saw some birds there. First is what I call the "tuxedo duck," since from a distance he looks black with a white chest. He seems to be some sort of mallard hybrid and has a female mallard mate. Here you can see that he is actually a very handsome duck with a brown body and a green head.



We saw some buffleheads and ring-necked ducks in the distance, but those photos aren't clear enough to bother posting. There were some coots close to our dock.


When I went out at lunch and again in the afternoon, I saw the tuxedo duck with his Mrs. and several blue-winged teals. The teals flew away both times, but the two mallards weren't scared of me. I can't wait until we see the wood ducks, because the male is so beautiful, and the female is so cute with her eyes like an Egyptian painting.


Famous Hat


No comments: