Tuesday, April 25, 2023

More Photos of Olbrich Gardens

 

Today was almost like being in the pandemic again, because I worked from home and Travalon didn't have to work. Right after work and before my adoration hour, I went on a walk, and then I heard a train coming so I hurried to where I could see it... and suddenly there was Travalon! I had asked him if he wanted to go on a walk with me, and at first he said no thanks, but he must have changed his mind. The train had two engines, so I expected it to be really long, but it only had about nine cars. 

After adoration I took another walk in the gloaming. I love the gloaming, or the twilight, or whatever you want to call the not-light, not-dark time after the sun has set but before darkness has truly fallen. Our neighbor who winters down in Florida told us when we were down there that they don't have a gloaming - when the sun sets, then it's dark. And she was right! I wonder why that is? Does it have something to do with the angle of the sun at northern latitudes? There was a very long gloaming in Alaska, for example.

Here are some photos that Travalon took at Olbrich Gardens when we went there a couple of weekends ago.









One thing that makes me sad about Olbrich Gardens is that they don't really have a cactus area. That is my favorite Dome of the three Domes in Milwaukee.

Tomorrow I am back on campus, but I have to wear a mask all day. Then one more day of mask-wearing, and Friday I work from home again. After that I should be fine.


Famous Hat


No comments: