Monday, April 3, 2023

Photos of Migratory Water Fowl

 

Today I worked on campus, and at lunch I walked on the Lakeshore Path. I could hear loons calling on the lake, and then I could see two pairs doing mating dances. I tried to make a video, but it didn't really turn out. But we have lots of pictures of birds from the past week. Here are some from our dock. First, some coots.


And a couple of male buffleheads.


Here are some photos of ring-necked ducks. I love when the males stretch their necks way up.













And some more buffleheads - an action shot!



Here are photos of the loon and the pelicans.




Here are a couple shots of Lake Wisconsin.





These shots are from the causeway.


These are wigeons. I love their white bills.


And these are northern shovelers, busy dabbling. They are such handsome ducks.


These are red-breasted mergansers.




We went for a short walk in a prairie just north of Waunakee, and we saw this wooly bear.


How surprising! I thought they were only around in the autumn. We were trying to see Pasque flowers, but we didn't see any in bloom. We will try again in a week. Prairie Man once sent us a photo of them in bloom in that prairie, but he sent it April 12, so maybe we were just too early.


Famous Hat


No comments: