Thursday, April 20, 2023

First Post on Boethius II

 

I forgot to mention that yesterday, between all my meetings, I went to an early music concert. The woman sitting in the pew ahead of me waved at someone, then a man came to my pew and kind of grabbed me to move me over, but the woman said, "Carmen!" and then he realized I wasn't his wife. I didn't think it was a big deal, but all these stories about people going to the wrong house and getting shot makes me realize that some people think such mistakes are a huge deal. Why, I don't know. They are certainly not worth killing people over. The concert was a Just Bach one but they did have a piece by Buxtehude; however, you will not hear any objections from me. Unfortunately the concert ran a bit long (they are usually half an hour), so I had to sneak out early to get to my next meeting. Four meetings in one day! Crazy!

As the day wore on yesterday, I started to feel a little worse, with a scratchy throat and a nagging cough, and by the time I got home, I was miserable. I barely slept last night, and today there was no way I could go into work... but since Boethius and Boethius II were still at the computer shop, I couldn't work remotely, so I just took a sick day. Even the COVID test I found around the house was a dud, so old that it didn't give me a positive OR a negative. I waited all day to hear from the computer shop, but they never called, so finally mid-afternoon I called them. They said they had tried twice to migrate the data from Boethius to Boethius II, and both times it had failed. I guess Boethius I was so dead that they couldn't get any data off of him. I brought Boethius II home and loaded my last backup onto him, which was last Tuesday so everything is there but a few pictures, and those are backed up on the cloud so they should make their way onto Boethius II at some point. Travalon has taken more photos with his good camera (including me with the pasqueflowers), but I don't want to overwhelm Boethius II as he adjusts to his new home, so I'll try loading those onto him another day. My hope is that they will load much faster than they did onto Boethius I. I already checked to see that I could get into my work computer remotely, and that's all working, so I'm good to work from home tomorrow. I usually do on Fridays anyway, and unless I feel a LOT better tomorrow, I won't want to be around people.


Famous Hat


No comments: