Monday, May 8, 2023

Baby Crane Photos

 

It rained all day today. The only thing of real note that happened was that yesterday our neighbor across the hall left an envelope for me because I watered her plants while she was in Arizona for the winter, and inside were a packet of jellybeans and a $25 Kwik Trip gift card. Travalon and I tried the jellybeans and found the buttered popcorn flavor really tasty, then today I was running low on gas so I put in the $25 - and it exactly filled my tank! How about that?

As promised, here are some older photos. First, these are the cookies that a faculty member gave me to thank me for all my work this semester. She gave one packet to each of us staff members, and each grad student.


Here I am with a neighbor's miniature poodle. Her sister has a poodle just like this, only standard size, so we call this one "Mini Me."


The neighbor I always work with took that photo, and this stunning one of a tulip in our neighborhood.


Here are some blue-winged teals that Travalon saw off our dock.


And here is Tux Duck with his wife.


As promised, here are photos of the two baby cranes.





There are a lot of islands in Beaver Dam Lake.


This was a tree with very interesting flowers at Horicon Marsh. My phone says it's a goat willow.


We bought a stuffed pelican at Horicon Marsh. Travalon said we should name him something starting with a P, but I said let's call him Ian because the Irish for "bird" is "ean." So that's his name.


Speaking of pelicans, a small flock of four of them have settled into our neighborhood recently. We saw them a few nights ago, and then this morning a neighbor took a photo of them and put it on social media, tagging me and labeling them "swans." I said I thought they were the pelicans, and so this evening Travalon and I went out to the dock to see if we could spot them. They were kind of far away, but he did get this shot of them.


I have a couple of videos of Travalon and me playing the instruments along the riverwalk in Beaver Dam, but they are processing too slowly, and of course it's late, so they will have to wait.


Famous Hat


No comments: