Friday, May 19, 2023

Panthers Win!

 

Yesterday after work I went for a walk with my neighbor before Travalon came home, but he got home a little earlier than I expected, so I didn't get to see him open his package. It was the MGM Lion, Leo!


Then we joined some other members of the Shamrock Club at a neighborhood bar in Middleton, and it turns out one of the people grew up in my hometown. She had even gone to some of the same schools as I had, but we only would have overlapped during one year because she was two grades ahead of me. 

At night Travalon watched the Florida Panthers hockey team in a playoff game. It ended in a tie, but a playoff game can't end in a tie, so it went into overtime. Nobody scored, so it went into double overtime. Nobody scored, so it went into triple overtime. By then it was very late for us, and even an hour later for the players, so Travalon taped quadruple overtime and went to bed. This morning he got up and watched the recording. His friend texted him "OMG!" so he wasn't sure what that meant. I have purchased some Florida Panthers stuff for Travalon over the years, so I often get updates from the team, like emails that say, "Panthers win!" If only they knew how little I care about hockey... Here is Travalon with a stuffed Stanley the Panther, his Florida Panthers jersey, and Pounce the Florida Panther, as well as Randy Panda. (I bought all of this for him over the years.) I think there is also the little pink platypus that Travalon has decided is in love with Pounce.


Anyway, the Panthers won in quadruple overtime. I figured it would be a battle, since both the Panthers and the Carolina Hurricanes had won their last seven overtime games. Will their game tomorrow night be just as epic of a battle? Stay tuned to find out!


Famous Hat


No comments: