Tuesday, May 9, 2023

More Baby Crane Photos

 

I forgot to mention that on Sunday at band practice, we started (who knows why) with "The Beer Barrel Polka," which we play in the key of A major. I don't know if it was because I'd been in the sun all day, but it took me half the song to remember how to make an A major chord - I kept doing a D major chord. Why couldn't we have started with something in an easier key, like G or D? It was kind of a scary moment, but I got past it and was fine the rest of the practice. Still... am I losing it? Perhaps I never had it.

Time for some DuoLingo bragging! Oh yeah!


It was a gorgeous, sunny day, and I took this photo of our neighbors' house (featured on here before while decorated for Christmas) with a redbud in full bloom in front of it. Several redbuds have not come back, including the one in front of the house of the neighbor that I walk with. (I feel like that sentence wouldn't be as awkward in French.) No idea about the one in Rich's yard. My neighbor that I walk with feels this is because of the few days in the 80s in April, followed by sudden cold. She says it killed a lot of turtles too.


My neighbor and I went for a walk this morning and went out on the dock. Sure enough, we saw the pelicans, and now there are five. We told another neighbor, the one with the little white poodle, and she said, "Oh yeah, they're here every spring." How have I never noticed them before?? I told Travalon the pelicans were around, so he went out with his camera, but he didn't see them. However, he saw the baby cranes again, which we hadn't seen. 





Another thing I forgot to mention is that when Tiffy and I were at the concert in St. Paul's Episcopal Church in Milwaukee, I thought the huge cross hanging up front looked familiar. I said, "I think I have a rosary with a cross just like that... only much smaller," and Tiffy laughed at the idea of a tiny little rosary attached to that giant cross. We joked about how it would be a real workout to walk and pray with it, and I said, "Exercise rosaries! You can do weight training while you pray! Why has nobody else ever thought of this? And why am I not a billionaire yet with all these great ideas?" After all, you may remember my idea Jugula, the spatula for use while camping with a small jug in the handle to hold syrup, inspired by a friend who insisted on making pancakes during a camping trip. It even has a slogan: Go for the Jugula! Now I just need a catchy name for my exercise rosary. It's too late at night - nothing is coming to me right now. Feel free to leave ideas in the comments.


Famous Hat


No comments: