Monday, May 22, 2023

Swimming and a Shooting Star

 

Today was the first Monday that I worked from home on my new summer schedule. I get to work from home on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Fridays during the summer, when things are so much quieter. Wednesday I'll have to go in, and we'll have a cleaning day. I have the perfect T-shirt to wear: when I worked at the Press, there were some leftover T-shirts for a journal in German, and I took one. Well, that journal is edited by people in our department. Everyone will be like, "Where did you get a T-shirt for our journal?" They'll be so jealous! Okay, no they won't, but maybe they'll think it's funny.

This evening Travalon and I went swimming at the health club. The outdoor pool is already open for the season, and it had been very hot today, so we thought we'd try it. However, by the late hour that we got there, it was cool outside, and the water wasn't very warm either, so we went to the warm pool. We need to be better about getting there and swimming (we fell out of the habit during the pandemic), and Monday and Thursday evenings seemed likely times to go.

I may have forgotten to mention that a couple of weeks ago I heard there would be northern lights again. They had been so excellent that time we saw them last month, but this time the sky was cloudy, and we couldn't see anything. Just as I was feeling disappointed, I saw a shooting star right overhead! It almost looked close enough to reach up and touch. I had heard that we were passing through some dust from the tail of Halley's comet from when it passed us in the 80's, so maybe that's what this little shooting star was. I had heard that there would be lots of them, but I'd forgotten about it. Unfortunately, Travalon wasn't looking the same direction, so he didn't see it. It was very brief, but very beautiful, as so many things are.

I did buy something at Irish Fest yesterday, and it wasn't even Irish. In another area of Garver Mill they had a little shop, and they were selling all sorts of things. I bought this.


I like it because it looks just like the Eye of God on the dollar bill. Just to give you an idea of how random the stuff was they were selling, Jilly Moose bought earrings that looked like little cups of coffee.


Famous Hat


No comments: