Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Breaking Rules I Don't Know Exist

 

I certainly didn't expect Rodgers to endure a season-ending injury last night. As someone said online, the Jets paid him $75 million to run around with a flag before the game. As someone else said, Jets = Just Endure The Suffering. But hey, they won without him. Now he has plenty of time to take more ayahuasca, do another darkness retreat, and talk about what he learned with Joe Rogan. Or, as someone else said online, if he's just going to keep copying Favre, he can recover enough to go play for the Vikings next season.

Today I was feeling very salty, especially towards an accountant who had told me some time ago that I could put some charges on a particular grant and then told me today to transfer them off, but also toward the people who are not giving final approval to expense reports after I approve them in anything like a timely manner. Then as I was driving to adoration, on a one-way road, an ambulance came up behind me. I was in the left lane because I was going to turn left soon, so I pulled over into a parking spot on the left side of the road. There was no other traffic around me, and the ambulance had both the left and right lanes clear to go through, but he honked at me really aggressively and kept honking at me as he passed by me. Was he mad that I didn't pull over to the right? But I would have had to cut in front of him to do that. I was puzzled by what rule I'd broken, and when I asked people at Night Prayer, they had never heard that you must pull over to the right. They concluded the guy was just in a bad mood. I hate driving as it is, and episodes like this don't make me like it any better.

Tiffy is having a very crazy week at work, so she asked me to randomly text her "beandzdzdz." Yesterday I texted: "Breathe. Relax. Eat beandzdzdz." Today I texted: "I traded my mom's cow for some magic beandzdzdz. Am I the A$$hole?" We'll see what I come up with tomorrow.


Famous Hat


No comments: