Wednesday, September 27, 2023

That Insane Movie

 

Today I worked on campus, and my colleague and I tried to take a walk over our lunch hour. Only it started to rain really hard so she was walking at a really fast pace and I was struggling to keep up. I had a jacket and rain hat on, but she had no rain gear. She said, "This isn't even my fastest speed!" We got back to the hill where I split off from her, and I charged up it and then got a few extra minutes of walking under the overhang around my building, where I had that mystical experience a couple of months ago on another rainy day. It seems wrong to complain about the rain when I've been praying for the drought to end. On Monday my phone said the rain wouldn't come until 7:00, when I would be safely at home, but it started just as I went out to catch the bus, and I couldn't even be mad about it. 

This evening I was sitting on our porch (as I am now) while Travalon was in the living room, watching a movie. When I went through the living room, I asked him what he was watching, and he said, "The same movie, Asphalt Jungle." Meaning the same one as he'd been watching (or sleeping through) last night. Somehow I heard, "That insane movie, A$$hole Joe," and I said, "That does sound insane." Maybe it's time to get my hearing checked. 

One thing I forgot to mention about our trip to the corn maze is that while Tiffy and I were in the maze and Travalon was exploring the other amenities the "adventure farm" had to offer, he went to the beer garden. He said he had a really good strawberry blonde beer made by a local brewery. It sounded delicious, but after all that walking in the maze, I didn't want to go to the beer garden, which was quite a distance from the maze itself. No beer is worth walking another half-mile for after walking six miles. Maybe if it was dark chocolate...


Famous Hat


No comments: