Wednesday, September 20, 2023

One of Those Days

 

This morning as we got ready for work, Travalon and I heard the roofers working. Was I glad to be working on campus today! It was one of those days where nothing seemed to go right; for example, a website I have to use said I had to change my password, so I did, then it said the new password was incorrect. I tried again, thinking maybe I'd made a typo, but it still said it was wrong. So I tried to reset it again, and then it said I had made too many attempts and was locked out. It took a phone call to fix that. I also had prepaid for hotel rooms in a foreign country (not for me), but the hotel wouldn't give me a receipt. They said I would get one once I'd paid, but I said the charge hit my credit card last Wednesday, so then they said you're right, you already paid, but we won't give you a receipt until the guests check out. But I kind of need to reconcile the credit card now... And yesterday a faculty member and I had a long meeting to figure out how to spend her grant... and then today we got word that she can't use it for most of what she was planning. "Here, have some money, but you can't use it for anything." Today made me think of a conversation I saw on social media:

Guy One: "Someone with bangs please tell me which planet is making me sad." (A dig at astrology?)

Guy Two: "I'm bald, but it's Earth." Truth!

Here are some photos my neighbor took of the roofing job today.




This is the rosary I got at the shrine in Champion and the crystal I got at the Willy Street Fair.


And here is the dragon I got at the Packer Pro Shop.



Travalon said we should name him Dorsey, after the former Packer Dorsey Levens. Dorsey the Dragon - it has that pleasing alliteration going on. And it goes with Davante the Unicorn that we got there too.


Famous Hat


No comments: