Monday, September 11, 2023

How Is Rodgers Working Out for You, Jets Fans?

 

Today I worked on campus, and to my surprise, my colleague asked if I wanted to walk at noon. I said, "Aren't you in New York?" and she told me her flight got canceled. On our walk she told me that she was supposed to fly out on Saturday, but they canceled the flight at the last minute, so they rebooked the flight for yesterday. Then that flight was also canceled, so they are currently rebooked for tomorrow. We'll see... This is why I hate air travel, and it's only going to get worse with global warming. More turbulence, and more bad weather forcing cancellations. In Phoenix it got so hot that planes couldn't even take off.

This evening we had a condo board meeting, and when I returned from it, Travalon asked, "Did you hear what happened to Rodgers?" He had been watching Rodgers play his first regular season game as a Jet. I said no, I was in a meeting, how could I have heard anything? He said on his first drive, Rodgers got sacked so hard that he left the game with an ankle injury. I feel some satisfaction that Love did so well in his first game starting for the Packers, and Rodgers got his comeuppance for leaving us. It worked out for the Jets anyway, because they returned a punt for a touchdown in overtime and beat the Bills. Which is fine - I have nothing against the Jets, just against Rodgers for being so arrogant and weird the last few years. He was really a distraction, and Tiffy's brother-in-law said toward the end he was playing to preserve his legacy, not to help the team win. So he would throw away the ball to save his quarterback rating instead of trying to pass to someone to make a play, even if that risked an interception. It's true, he wasn't much of a team player at the end. He blamed all his failures on his receivers.

Here is a photo of the pen wiper kalanchoe I got at the Farmers' Market. 


I have mixed luck with kalanchoes; I had a Mother of Thousands that was very happy, but then it died, and someone gave me a blooming one that I killed right away. However, my copper spoon kalanchoe seems to still be doing okay since I got it in January. Sorry, no rosary photos. Soon, I promise.


Famous Hat


No comments: