Friday, September 15, 2023

Two Shrines: Champion and Lambeau

 

Today Rich came to pick Jilly Moose and me up really early so we could meet Anna Banana II, her husband, and her mother in Columbus before nine. They drove in one car and we drove in the other up to the shrine in Champion, and on the way Rich and I worked on a haiku for Tiffy about beandzdzdz. The day before we had a Vaudeville routine. Me: "Hey Rich, what are the smartest beandzdzdz?" Rich: "I have no idea. What are the smartest beandzdzdz?" Me: "HUMAN beandzdzdz!" Tiffy had requested a haiku, so today we came up with one: "Driving in the car/We fear Rich will make some fatztztz/Because he ate beandzdzdz." Only hours later did we realize that I misspelled "Fartztztz" as "fatztztz." Nothing like misspelling your purposely misspelled word by accident! Speaking of accidents, there was a bad one along the highway, so we were going very slowly behind this vehicle, which gave me time to wonder just what the heck it was:

At the shrine I wasn't going to buy yet another rosary, but then I saw one that was very beautiful. I looked at it, and it said it was especially for praying for the souls of the deceased, so I thought I could get it to pray for our nephew. If I can buy not one but two books about Tibetan spirituality to help him out, then at least I can buy one rosary. I also bought a St. Patrick bookmark to use in the Tibetan spirituality books. 

We had lunch at a place called Booyah, because they make booyah, which is a type of chicken soup. I got some and two fish tacos, and it was all delicious but way too much food. Right nearby I found this sign that I knew Travalon would appreciate:


Then we went to Lambeau Field and took a tour. Here are some photos from that. The three legendary quarterbacks: Starr, Favre, and Rodgers.


A luxury box that Packer alumni can sit in for no charge.


Down on the field!


Rich does the Lambeau Leap.


Here we all are! Except for Anna Banana II's mom. She didn't take the tour.


We weren't allowed to touch the grass, and it was some very inviting grass. Our guide said we weren't even allowed to lick it. Notice there are no lines or numbers, because those get painted on before every game. They asked the European soccer teams how they keep their fields in such good shape and got lots of  good advice. And it must work, because the grass was beautiful. It was very exciting walking out of the same tunnel the Packers run out of every Sunday. We also went to the Packer Pro Shop (actually before the tour), and I bought a dragon. Photos soon.


Famous Hat


No comments: