Sunday, December 5, 2010

Eerie Ears

Today Richard Bonomo, Kathbert, and I went to the University choir concert at the Lutheran church where I sing.  Five of the University choirs do a Christmas concert there every year, and it is always very impressive.  What really impressed me this time was that Mr. Microphone (or, as Kathbert calls it, "Eerie Ears") was there recording the proceedings.  Eerie Ears also recorded our final concert at the Early Music Festival and, believe me, it is very disconcerting (at a concert! ha!) as you are psyching yourself up to sing an eight-choir Tallis motet, to look up and see a microphone that looks like an Easter Island head.  (Or as the other soprano in Choir Seven said, "What is that, the Idol of Music?")  Here are some pictures Rich took of Eerie Ears.






This shot from the back isn't a very exciting picture of Eerie Ears, but it is a really good shot of the Lutheran church, so I decided to include it.

Famous Hat

No comments: