Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Photos of Plants

Today was a day of obligation (Immaculate Conception) and at Our Lady of Perpetual Sobriety, where we cater to every taste, there was Mass in English right after work, followed by Mass in Latin according to the Tridentine rite, followed by Mass in Spanish.  I went to the Mass in English, where young Father Keepin' It Real used plenty of incense that smelled like cinnamon red-hots.  (Seriously, when I went to Father Keepin' It Real for Confession, he said, "I feel ya."  Can't say I've ever had a priest say that to me before! Then I said something else and he said, "I know, right?"  I think all Catholic priests should conduct Confession in urban slang.)

But the title of this blog post did not promise you a recounting of my Confession (and you're not going to get one so don't even bother asking); it promised you plant photos.  So here they are:


Plant World looking mysterious


Plant World not looking mysterious


Thanksgiving cacti blooming


Christmas cactus blooming


Christmas cactus from below

Here are some shots of Nola, the papyrus plant I brought back from New Orleans.  At that time it was a little sprig, but now it is getting big.  (Hey!  I'm a poet and don't realize it!)






Succulents in Plant World


Hardingfele's compost heap avocado tree


Baby palm tree growing in red dracaena's pot


Is this orchid growing antennae?


Hey!  So is this one!


Keith (center) now lives in Plant World

So what plant is keeping me company at work?  Answer:  today Light Bright gave me a poinsettia!  Labeled:  "Marry Christmass, Faymuss" - I couldn't make this up if I tried.  So here is a picture of Vito the Poinsettia.  Why a goombah name?  Doesn't it look like a Vito?  It has no neck.




Famous Hat

3 comments:

Hardingfele and Plysj said...

Very nice!

Hardingfele and Plysj said...

I meant about plant world.
LB did not really put in that horrible misspelling

Famous Hat said...

Yes she did. Would I lie about that?

WV: manada - my Spanish armada tomorrow