Thursday, May 26, 2011

Bad Catholic

Maybe you think I am a bad Catholic.  And maybe you are right, depending on what you mean by "bad," as Richard Bonomo once found out when discussing snowblowers with a saleswoman.  But we Catholics are into confession so here are the ways I am a Bad Catholic:

Reincarnation - it is very inconvenient to remember a previous life when you are trying to be a good Catholic.  What are you gonna believe, the Magisterium or your memories?

Astrology - I can't help it, all Capricorns are into astrology.  Besides, practically every Medieval church had a zodiac circle somewhere:  a stained glass window, a mosaic, a carving.  So they couldn't have been that opposed to it back in the day.

Hip hop - as our parish priest said about my love for gangsta rap, "That doesn't make you a bad Christian, that just means you have bad taste in music."

Revenge - I am totally unrepentant about posting a video mocking my annual review yesterday.  After all, my supervisor is a Bad Catholic too.  Just in other ways.

Famous Hat

1 comment:

Famous Hat said...

Luxuli says I should add the time years ago that Tiffy and I went to a palm reader, and she told me I would live to be 105.