Friday, May 13, 2011

Mexican Sunshine: Chock Full of Beta Carotene!

My office mate Light Bright is very concerned about her tan.  "Doesn't it look orange?" she asked me.  It does sort of have that skanky-girl orange hue. 

"Did you use any spray tanning stuff?" I asked.

"No, this is all natural.  It's because the sun is different in Mexico," she said.  I said the sun is actually closer up North in the summer because of the tilt of the earth's axis, and she said, "I know that, but this tan feels orange."

Here are some cool photos of San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico, where the scenery is gorgeous:




And the food is delicious:


And the sea creatures are plentiful:






And you can do fun things like horseback riding:


I love that photo!  It was taken by Light Bright; all other photos were taken by her or her sister-in-law.  And she even remembered her office mate who was slaving away while she was having fun.  Check out the presents she brought me:


A wooden rosary and a fiber ring!  (It's hard to see, but the coral-colored part of the ring is a flower with a little pearly bead in the center.)  She knows me too well.  Thanks, Light Bright!  Welcome back!

Famous Hat

2 comments:

Hardingfele said...

I could trade places with her, considering the sucky weather here!
I love the presents too. Very appropriate.

Famous Hat said...

One bonus of being predictable: people always know what to get you!