Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Email Disk Cushion

You know I couldn't make this up.  The following is an email discussion (or, as Light Bright might type, "disk cushion") regarding an upcoming meeting - first between Light Bright and Palm Tree Fan, and then continued between Palm Tree Fan and me:

PTF:  (to a whole bunch of people) Hi all, just a reminder that there is an ABC meeting this Thursday, May 12th from 10:30-11:30 in room 1234 at Building XYZ. I will send out the agenda and meeting minutes from the last meeting in a separate email.  Sally Doe and Susie Jones will be attending this meeting to give an overview of ongoing quality projects. Please let me know if you're unable to attend.  Thank you, Palm Tree Fan

ABC Committee:
Annie Boddy
Qwerty Jones
Justin Case
Hugh Jass
Odessa Cool-Dogg
Randy Guy
Rhoda Train

LB:  Hello Palm Tree Fan ... I don't keep the calenders for any of the people mentioned in this email. Often times people confuse Dr. Doe with Dr. Roe. I work with Dr. Roe not Dr. Doe. Thanks, Light Bright

PTF:  Hey Light Bright, I'm just going to take you off this email from now on... This is that same meeting that we talk about every month... Dr. Justin Case schedules his own but you told me in an email months ago to "cc" you on this in addition to him. But it seems to be causing a lot of confusion, so I'll take you off my list. Have a nice night!  Palm Tree Fan

LB:  OK, thanks.  :)  Sorry, I did not see Dr. Case's name on the list.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

PTF:  Remember me telling you about that? EVERY freakin month!

FH:  Light Bright strikes again!!

PTF:  All I can do is say "wow". EVERY month. Not just once in awhile... but EVERY month..... I hope I didn't sound to rude in that email, but I'm tired of the same explanation EVERY freakin month....

FH:  No, believe me, if anyone could understand, I can. I sit in the same room with her all day. Asking how to spell eosinophil, not so strange. But "how do you spell crackle?" - this person used to be a teacher???

PTF:  Once again.... "wow"

FH:  I know, right? Welcome to my world.  I wouldn't care, except she's a paygrade below me and yet she makes more.

PTF:  I put that list of attendees on there just for her.... not doing that anymore!

Famous Hat

No comments: