Tuesday, May 31, 2011

A Time to Plant

This evening, after Date Night with Jesus, I got some vegetables to plant in Richard Bonomo's garden.  Here is what I planted:

One each of five kinds of heirloom tomatoes
One green bell pepper
One Italian eggplant
One Chinese eggplant
One zucchini squash
Four cauliflower
Four kohlrabi

There isn't really any particular pattern to what I chose, but the tomato and eggplant, along with the oregano from Hardingfele, could make for a fine eggplant parmagiana someday.  Also, Kathbert brought some orange lilies back from Mombert's place up north, and she planted them right in front of the daylilies, also orange.  The rose bush is covered with buds, and five calla lilies are coming up.  They could be white, yellow, or lavender - I'll just have to wait and see.  Here is a photo that shows the largest calla lily at the bottom right, along with the Easter lily from last year and a couple of the new lilies I bought.  They are hardy to Zone 3 (I think we're in 5), bloom such a dark purple they almost look black, and are called Landini.  Any flower that shares its name with such a fabulous late Medieval composer is fine by me!


I will post photos when everything is blooming.

Famous Hat

No comments: