Monday, October 7, 2013

Bridesmaid Dress



Friday night Travalon and I went to the East Side Club to check out the fish fry catered by De Broux in case we want to have them cater our wedding, then we went to David’s Jamaican to talk to them about possibly catering our wedding. Research – just a part of wedding planning. I can hardly wait to research cakes. Then we went to Le Tigre Lounge and told the bartender we are getting married, so when we left, he said, “Congratulations, you guys!” A woman sitting near the door said, “I never get congratulated for leaving a bar!” Maybe she thought we were being congratulated for finding our way out…?

Saturday morning Travalon and I went to the Union for a bite to eat and a cup of joe, then we went to see what was going on with the band on Library Mall. The answer was Harvestfest, and Travalon noted that I could now add that to the list of festivals he and I have attended this year. It wasn’t as big and crazy as when I was in school; it was mostly just a few stands of people selling things like “pot head” hats (it looked like a flowerpot with a marijuana leaf sticking out of it), and then that band of white boys playing something like reggae. Then we went to lunch with Tiffy at Edo Japanese restaurant, and then Travalon headed home while Tiffy and I went to look for a bridesmaid dress. We went to the same place where I bought my wedding dress, even though they have sold my name to everyone so that I keep getting calls and emails offering me “bridal services” of all sorts. To our surprise, we found a dress right away that looked great on her, and it is a soft coral so it goes with the color scheme I had sort of been planning. I sent a photo to Light Bright just to get a third opinion, and she agreed with us that it was perfect. Better yet, Tiffy got a discount because I had bought my wedding dress there. It’s so convenient having only one bridesmaid, because now I don’t have to worry about finding that same dress in a variety of sizes. 

Tiffy and I went for a walk at Pheasant Branch after that, but we got totally rained on, so we had to head home and dry off our clothes. Then we grabbed a bite to eat at a new Filipino restaurant before going to a Baroque music concert. Citizens for a Return Of Sanity to Sound (CROSS) would like to remind everyone that we don’t have to live with this tyranny of equal temperament, there still are venues where you can hear a better way, like the Baroque music concerts available here in Madtown, and of course the Early Music Festival. The theme will be Italian music next year, which is fitting for me now that I know I am part Italian. Maybe that explains why I look so much like Richard Bonomo’s grandmother, according to his mother – we could be related, after all. It’s probably time to wrap up this totally ADD post before I go off on yet another tangent.

Famous Hat

No comments: