Monday, October 28, 2013

Watching Football While Wired



Hopefully all my readers had a good weekend. Friday we had a birthday party for Kathbert, whose birthday was actually last Monday. Luxuli and her husband, Catzooks and her boyfriend, and I converged upon Richard Bonomo’s house for ravioli, red wine, salad, chocolate cake, and apple pie bread. Catzooks and her boyfriend gave Kathbert a six-pack of Fatty Boombalatty beer, which is becoming a tradition for them. Luxuli had found an abandoned and severely trimmed hibiscus on the curb, but we couldn’t find a pot large enough for it, so right now the root ball is wrapped in a garbage bag and then set in a cardboard box. Not the most ideal of situations…

Saturday Travalon had to work, so I hung out with the Rosary Ladies. Jilly Moose, Luxuli, and I met for coffee with some other people, then we helped plant tulip bulbs up at the Stations of the Cross where the cathedral used to be, and then Jilly Moose and I had a light lunch because in the evening we all got together with OK Cap for dinner. I had a 20% off coupon for the whole table, so I kind of splurged and had a petite steak with lobster on it. (Sorry to my vegetarian readership! I do like a medium rare steak now and then.) Then I had a chocolate Guinness shake for dessert. Luxuli was so impressed with it that she tried her hand at making some the next day, and they were even better than the restaurant’s!

Yesterday I overslept and missed my usual Mass but ironically did go to the Lutheran church for Reformation, although I got there late and missed two of the three pieces the choir sang. Since I was having so much trouble getting going, I had not one but two cups of Reformation Roast there. Then Travalon came up and said he would like to see the bubbling springs at Pheasant Branch which I had posted a video of on YouTube, so we went for a hike there. It was such a beautiful day; I wouldn’t mind autumn so much if it were always like yesterday afternoon. Then we went to a newish bar on State Street called 608 because they advertised banana Nutella wontons, which really are just as good as they sound. We went to 5 pm Mass and then had some coffee at our usual coffee place, Espresso Royale, so then I was really wired. We went to Rich’s house to watch the Packers demolish the Vikings, and everyone was much amused by me since I was so animated. I even got exercise during the game, because I kept jumping up and down while hollering at the TV. Travalon said he liked seeing me so wired, but it wasn’t such good news when I tried to go to sleep! Yet somehow today I am not too tired – maybe I am still a little wired? I did have my usual two cups of coffee this morning.

Famous Hat

No comments: