Thursday, October 17, 2013

Potential Broccoli Crisis



I generally get my food for the week at a grocery store a block from my job, and something weird has been going on with the broccoli. First they had no organic broccoli, then they had no bags of just broccoli at all – you had to get a combination of broccoli and cauliflower. I finally asked what was going on and was told there is a broccoli shortage. My readers probably know what a tragedy this is to me, since I eat broccoli daily. I immediately googled “broccoli shortage” and couldn’t find anything about a current one, but apparently there were shortages last year and the year before, which I don’t remember. Maybe this current shortage isn’t nationwide but only involves the supplier for this particular grocery store, in which case I should be able to get broccoli somewhere else. I will have to do more research and will let my readers know what I find out about this potential crisis.

Famous Hat

No comments: