Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Pumpkin Spice Everything



The big joke on the internet this month seems to be that white people love pumpkin spice everything. Guilty as charged! I love pumpkin spice beer and pumpkin spice lattes and any sort of pumpkin spice pastry. Though I am curious to know: what about pumpkin spice would make it a peculiarly Caucasian indulgence? And do all white people love it? Feel free to leave me a comment about this, whether you are a white person who hates pumpkin spice, a nonwhite person who loves it, or whatever. I just love to get comments, as long as they are not trying to sell something. In my case, the one thing I love about autumn is pumpkin spice everything; otherwise, I find it a very depressing time of year because winter will soon be here. In a way, it’s almost sadder than winter. Travalon says autumn is like Sunday afternoon: bittersweet, because you know it will soon end. I do admit the colors are kind of pretty, so enjoy this display my coworker (who also hates autumn) put up here at work.



Famous Hat

2 comments:

Travalon said...

I'm starting to really like pumpkin spice lattes- iced, of course, with whipped cream, even Starbucks. I meant Autumn is like Sunday evening- a couple hours of weekend fun left, like a couple weeks of warm weather remaining, them before you know it- Wham ! the cold of winter hits like getting up and going to work Mon. am

Famous Hat said...

So a coworker and I were discussing this today, and we are of the opinion that by "white" they mean "upper middle class," because nobody else is going to spend that kind of money on a cup of coffee, a beer, etc. I will admit to having upper middle class tastes, if not an upper middle class income.