Thursday, October 10, 2013

When Inspiration Doesn't Strike

Today I really have nothing to say, but Ma Hat emailed to say how much she enjoys reading my blog, so as long as I have readers, I’m going to blog. Even if I have nothing to say. Today was a good day because I had errands to run outside of the office, so I got to enjoy the beautiful weather. Also, since the director here at the Press knows we are paisanos, she is always sending me emails about Celtic goings-ons. The other day I came back from getting a flu shot, and someone had left a poster about a Celtic film festival on my desk – I’m going to assume it was my paisano. Though I suppose technically that should be paisana, not that Spell Check likes either word. But we can’t live our whole lives to please Spell Check, right? And don’t even get me started on Grammar Check, which has a problem with about half of the sentences I’ve written so far. I understand the proper rules of English, but which is more entertaining to read, a correctly phrased paragraph of English, or something written the way people actually speak? I’m not giving grammar lessons on this blog, after all. Hopefully the Russians who read it are not using me as a model for how to write in English! That might explain some of the weird spam I’ve gotten over the years… As far as I can tell, the post they all love is “Why a Hornet?” – my most popular post to date, and I have yet to figure out why. Do people actually like hornets? I could certainly live without them.

Famous Hat

No comments: