Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Everyone's Running Late Today



The last couple of weeks it has seemed harder to crawl out of bed in the morning. Part of it is how cold it has gotten, and I refuse to turn the heat on in my bedroom so I’m under a pile of blankets from which it is very difficult to emerge. A big part of it is how dark it is in the mornings, and since we are still on Daylight Savings Time I am really getting up at 5:30 – no wonder I sometimes fall back asleep for an hour! Because there is free parking at my current job, I have gotten lazier about getting up, since I can just drive if I’m running really late. This is especially easy to justify on Tuesdays, when I can then go to Mass and Adoration downtown straight from work. So this morning I woke up at 6:30 (which is really 5:30) as usual and then fell back asleep until 7:30. So I had to drive, and to my surprise I saw A-Joz walking along. Since she has to start work at 8:00 and is still working in a place with no free parking so she has to take the bus, I realized she was running really late too. I offered her a ride so she would just be a little bit late, and she was extremely grateful. I was a few minutes late myself but figure I can make up the time this afternoon before leaving for Mass downtown. Then we got an email from the boss: he was running a little bit late. It must be contagious!

Famous Hat

No comments: