Wednesday, May 20, 2020

More Cute Crane Photos


Yesterday as my neighbor and I walked, she asked me if I believed in reincarnation. In a way that is a strange question when she knows that I am a practicing Catholic, but maybe she realizes I'm practicing because I'm not that good at it. I have probably dropped hints along the way that I am the World's Worst Catholic. So I was telling her the story of how I was a black panther and a poacher killed me, and then it occurred to me - he was an incompetent poacher! I can't say for sure, but I suspect he thought he would get more money for a rare black panther than a regular leopard, but when he tried to sell me to the head of the poaching operation, the guy told him a regular leopard is worth more because people like the spotted pelt, but nobody would pay for a black pelt. They did take my teeth and claws and were making some kind of jewelry out of them, so there's that, but it figures that I would get murdered by a guy who didn't even know what he was doing.

Today I took a furlough day from work, and we got the boat, but the motor wouldn't start. I hate when that happens. We did have fun seeing the crane family again, and then another one with two little babies. It seems like they always start with two, but usually they lose one, and one year they lost both. I think the family with the slightly older chick are newer, and one of them might be the offspring of the couple with the two tiny chicks, who have been around for years.

Have you ever seen a baby dinosaur cleaning itself? Aww!


Here it is with both parents.




And here is the family with two babies.




Sadly, one of these babies will probably not survive. But they sure are cute now!

Famous Hat



No comments: