Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Time for Another Haiku Epic


I keep forgetting to mention that Travalon and I got to go to Mass on Thursday, which was the Feast of the Ascension, although they move it to Sunday in our diocese. Then I took an even longer lunch so we could go to the outdoor store for kayaks, but they aren't selling kayaks this year - apparently the supplier is running low and only sells them to chains, not independent stores. We just got astronaut ice cream, and Travalon got a T-shirt with a map of the Ice Age Trail on it.

Remember Rich's housemate who had us all take care of his avocado tree while he was on an internship, and then he came back and left it outside for the winter, prompting Tiffy and me to write a haiku epic about his crimes? It seems I am related to a killer myself! Remember the coral hibiscus I gave to Ma Hat around the time of my wedding? Yesterday she texted me a picture of a cute little hibiscus with bright yellow flowers, and when I asked about the one I gave her, she said it got too big so she left it outside for the winter. Which is exactly the excuse "Ed" gave, and in neither case did they think to ask if I would want the plant. Looks like it's time for Tiffy and me to write another haiku epic about another plant murderer! I will notify Tiffy when we have our weekly chat on Friday night. The last line of each haiku can be: "Why did Ma do it??"

Famous Hat

No comments: