Friday, May 15, 2020

More May Flowers


It's May, so why not post more photos of flowers? These are all in my neighborhood; Rich sent photos of a couple more tulips blooming in his yard, but I forgot to save them to my phone. I still could do that, but they are nothing like the glorious display I'd imagined last fall when I planted all the bulbs rescued from campus. These tulips, however, are not a disappointment.


This is kind of surprising: look at how much the pink tulips faded in a few days! They still look pretty, but they are a very different shade of pink.



I love this magenta magnolia. It looks better in real life than in this picture, although now it is past its prime.


And I thought these daffodils were very pretty.


Check out these grape hyacinths! Not only in the classic indigo, but in light blue and white as well.



And who can resist an azalea bush in full bloom?


This viburnum is pretty, but it's really the spectacular scent that attracts me. Too bad I can't post that on the blog!


My walking buddy and I were wondering what the difference was between daffodils and jonquils. She thought they might be interchangeable terms, but when I did an internet search, it said daffodils have one flower per stem and no scent, while jonquils are closely related but have several flowers per stem and a lovely fragrance. I thought, "Hm, I have never seen a jonquil," and then look what came up right by our front door! Jonquils!! I wish I could post their scent too.


Famous Hat

No comments: