Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Another Road Trip Up North


Today I had to attend a Very Important Meeting that went on for over two hours, then Travalon and I hit the road. We stopped in Westfield to check out their Veterans' Park and an antiques shop that didn't have anything to interest either of us. Here are some photos from the Veterans' Park.




And here is a video of the water rushing over the dam by the park.


Then we went to an antiques shop in downtown Stevens Point, and there was one booth that had lots of rosaries, so I looked through them. I got a few and also a St. Anne's Chaplet that has a medal in French, and something just like a rosary but with a medal instead of a crucifix at the end of it. Travalon found a really cool sign for Rib Mountain Lager from the 1950's. We went for a walk at the top of Rib Mountain, and I kept seeing a woodchuck, but I hadn't taken my good camera out of the car. Why I didn't think to take a photo with my cell phone, who knows? The woodchuck was only about four feet away from me, and it was shoving grass into its mouth with its little fist. So cute! I did take a picture of some fireweed:


We stopped for dinner (tacos and beer) at a place called the Watering Hole on the way to Minocqua, then we went into Minocqua and got some ice cream, which we ate while watching water skiers perform. Now we are at our hotel in St. Germain, and it has a wonderful pool, so I will sign off to go swimming.

Famous Hat

No comments: