Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Why I Was Late to Night Prayer: Rainbow, Sunset, Sinking Boat


Sunday when I went to OK Cap's house, I brought a little one-decade rosary I had made years ago. We had a class at my church in how to make chain-link rosaries, and I was the only one who finished a whole decade. When I asked if there were any crucifixes, they were surprised anyone got that far, and all they had was the tiniest Miraculous Medal ever. For our rosary-making session on Sunday, I thought maybe Jilly Moose would have a little crucifix I could use, since the one from the Eagle River antiques store seemed too big. I remembered having a cool four-way cross at one point but couldn't find that anywhere, so I wondered if I gave it to Jilly Moose. Sure enough, as I was looking through her crucifixes, I found it, so I put it on my little rosary. Here's a picture:



This morning as I was walking with my neighbor, we could see spiderwebs on the ground in front of us when they sparkled in the sun, but when we got right up to them, it was like they vanished. Here is a picture my neighbor took - all the gray spots to the left of the path are spiderwebs.


We also saw these beautiful day lilies.


Tonight was quite exciting. There was a huge storm, and so much rain that it filled up a five-gallon bucket on our dock. It made getting to and from Adoration way too exciting! Fortunately Travalon, that prince among men, drove me. After we had gotten safely home and were having dinner on our screened-in porch, Handy Woman texted me to say there was a rainbow outside. I ran outside without my shoes on and saw it was a double rainbow!


It arched all the way across the sky!


I called Travalon and the neighbor I walk with so they could come outside and admire it too, and another neighbor warned that our boat was sinking, so we ran to the dock. From there we could see this incredible sunset.



The boat was full of water in the bow, which was tipped way down, so we thought the lift was broken. But as Travalon bailed the water out, the boat righted itself on the lift. Then I realized I would be late for Night Prayer... and tonight I had invited Rich's former Brazilian housemate, who is back in Brazil. Sure enough, I was five minutes late getting into the Zoom meeting, and the Brazilian guy was there. It was so good to see him again! At least I had a pretty good story to explain why I was late.

Famous Hat

No comments: