Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Swans at the Little Turtle Flowage


I have finally edited the footage Travalon took of the swans at the Little Turtle Flowage north of Mercer. I thought swans were too dignified to be set to some silly tropical song, so I set the footage to "My Ever-Changing Moods" by Style Council, for my money one of the most beautiful songs from the 80's. Then again, I am a huge fan of sophisto-pop. Travalon was lukewarm about the song, so then I suggested another 80's sophisto-pop classic, "Diggin' Your Scene" by the Blow Monkeys, but he wasn't too keen on that either. I don't think it's his genre of music, although it is his era. Then he suggested "The Goodbye Look" by Donald Fagen, a song with tropical beats and yet sophisticated enough to accompany swans, and that was perfect... except that there isn't enough footage to get us to the chorus. Also, there is a copyright claim, so I couldn't use it. Finally I thought of a perfect song: tropical, yet slow and stately, so fitting for a swan. Here they are to "El Carretero" by the Buena Vista Social Club.


That is the first time I have had a video blocked due to copyright violations! I guess Fagen doesn't want people using his songs in silly bird videos.

Famous Hat


No comments: