Monday, July 20, 2020

More Photos from Minocqua and the Turtle Flambeau Flowage


Today Travalon and I went for a boat ride, and I prayed a rosary in the marsh. Travalon prayed for the intention of a safe boat ride, but he didn't pray for a successful one, and on the way back home the motor conked. That is the first time this year! We couldn't get it started, so we had to row back, which took half an hour... and my FitBit didn't give me any credit for working out! At least when I walked in place, it gave me credit for "swimming." Fortunately we got back in time for me to pray the Rosary - again - with the Rosary Ladies. Hey, if you're the Crazy Rosary Lady, you might as well pray it multiple times per day, right? And afterwards as we were texting each other, I discovered the emoji for "rosary" is actually Tibetan prayer beads. What??

Now that I am back home and my internet speed is faster, I can post some more photos from our road trip up north. Travalon took most of these, but I took some of them. First is Little Arbor Vitae Lake.


This is the Awassa Trail we hiked on in Saint Germain.


Here is a shot of Travalon in front of Trude Lake.


This is One Man Lake, with a lot of iron in the water.


And this is Deer Lake, which is very remote - you have to drive down a long gravel road to get to it.


Here are a couple of pictures of the Little Turtle Flowage.



And some more photos of the trumpeter swan family we saw there.




This is the Manitowish River.


Now for some more photos from our pontoon boat ride on Lake Minocqua. This is a shot of Beer Can Island from the other side, so you can see the sandbar (on the right) where people anchor their boats and party, and some people hanging off a branch on the left side. We did see a guy jump from a very high tree into the lake, but I didn't make a video of that because I wasn't sure he would survive. (He did.)


Here is a tiny Sunfish sailboat sailing past Beer Can Island.


And here are just some of the fabulous boathouses on Lake Minocqua.


 






Of course I have to post some more photos of loons, the whole reason we were there.




And this is a beaver lodge, but we never saw any beavers.


Here is an eagle's nest. The pair that built this raise eaglets every year.


Someone with a sense of humor put a shark fin on this log sticking out of the water.


And check out this bird! Are there Madison soccer fans on Lake Minocqua?


This is one of the trestle bridges we crossed while hiking the Bearskin Trail.


We have even more photos, but that gives you a good idea of what it was like up there.

Famous Hat

No comments: