Friday, September 25, 2020

Renewing Our Vows

 

Yesterday we had a farewell party for another couple who are moving out of our neighborhood, and once again I ate like a pig, and then ironically I had another weight loss meeting. (This happened after the last neighborhood farewell party too.) It was lovely because the hosts have a patio, and there was a light drizzle but they have a canopy that they can put up over the patio, so we sat under it and the rain pattered on top of it. The neighbor I always walk with completely forgot about the party, but later in the evening she and I went out for a walk, and she took this gorgeous picture of our neighborhood. I'm jealous - my phone doesn't take very good nighttime shots.


Then today when we went for a walk, she brought a water balloon, and we played catch with it as we walked along until she threw it way over my head (on purpose, methinks) so I couldn't possibly catch it, and splat it went on the road. Here is a not terribly exciting photo of that.


Meanwhile, Travalon was hiking at his favorite spot, Holy Wisdom Monastery. He tells me there is another, smaller pond there, and he sent photographic proof.


Last night I realized I had not taken a picture of the rosaries I got at the antiques store in Stevens Point before I had started praying them, so here is that photo. Not pictured: a rosary exactly like the one I got at the flea market in Mineral Point, not left out because I already had a photo of an identical one, but simply because I somehow missed it.


After I got done with work this afternoon, Travalon and I played tennis, and once again some neighbors watched us. I really wish they wouldn't do that since we stink so much. We don't play by any rules, so sometimes the ball bounces two (or three...) times before we return it. Once we got done, we put the lasso rosary on and renewed our wedding vows. I know, random time, not our anniversary or anything, but I got the lasso rosary (on the right) along with the colorful rosary on the left at Holy Hill because I collect rosaries, and it's not a type I already have. Some people use them during weddings to "yoke" the couple together, but I didn't think of that six years ago. Then I prayed with the lasso rosary, and while generally I don't get any particular feeling from a new rosary, this one felt very blessed. I wonder... did we somehow bless it when we renewed our vows?


We did have some witnesses: Zephyr, Indigo, Randy, and Solstice!


I told Travalon not to worry, I won't torture him again with the lasso rosary until our anniversary. Maybe I'll even wear my wedding dress, now that I have lost enough weight to fit in it again. (In fact, it might even be too large at this point.) We always watch our wedding video, so I can sit there in my wedding dress, yoked to Travalon with the lasso rosary, as we watch it again next May. Also, if you know anyone who is getting married soon, I have a whole box of stuff in the closet they could use: white lights, a white cardboard wishing well for cards, white cardboard bells, and tons and tons of white tulle.

Famous Hat


No comments: