Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Holy Wisdom and Governor Nelson

Nothing exciting to report today - and that's a refreshing change! I just walked a lot with my neighbor and went to my adoration hour, using a rosary I got at the antiques shop in Sauk City. While I was working, Travalon went for a hike at Holy Wisdom Monastery. He took some great photos. First, from the top of the hill, you can get a great view of Lake Mendota.



There are lots of big pines and wildflowers on the grounds, and a lovely pond.








Next, Travalon went to Governor Nelson to take photos of downtown from there. This is what we see when we go swimming there, only more zoomed in.



My office building is the tallest building on campus!


This is Maple Bluff, where super rich people live.




This is much closer to what we actually see with our bare eyes while swimming:


Here you can see the Union Terrace. Now Travalon can't visit at all - only students, faculty, and staff are allowed for the time being. He can't even come as my guest! Good thing we practically lived there the last few summers, so we didn't have to feel so bad about only getting to go once this summer.


My office building again, Van Hise, aka. the Tower of Babble.


And I didn't even realize you could see our neighborhood from there!


This is looking back at the beach.


Tomorrow is supposed to be a beautiful day, so I am taking the day off, and we will probably go to Horicon Marsh. Cecil Markovitch told us about a trail there we never knew about. Stay tuned for lots of photos of that!

Famous Hat

No comments: