Saturday, November 6, 2021

Hiking in Sauk with Michaela

 

This morning Travalon and I met Jilly Moose and OK Cap for coffee, then we took our houseguest Michaela and drove to Sauk. The people from the antiques shop there had called me yesterday to say they had another Stanhope piece for me, and Travalon is always happy to go to Sauk. The piece was a flower with a little window in it showing Holy Hill; I wasn't in love with it, but I did get it and three rosaries. 


The one on the left came with a four-way medal. The second one is crystal and from Italy. The one on the right is Genuine Coco, which might just be a brand name, but I like to think the wooden beads are actually made of cocoa beans. An internet search was inconclusive. Note also the doll-sized vaseline glass sundae dish. So cute!

Then we hiked the trail along the Wisconsin River from the VFW Park to the dam. It was so lovely hiking through the autumn colors with an autumn-colored dog.





The only birds we saw were a bunch of gulls on a sandbar. 





Here you can see the gull party with the dam in the background.




Once it got dark, I had Travalon hold up my blacklight while I took a photo of my vaseline glass.


Guess what else glows under the blacklight? His little Hawaiian Punch figurine!


I have to say there was an unusual French rosary that was a little pricy so I didn't get it, but now I'm regretting it because I don't have a rosary like it in my collection. Yes, I'm having Non-Buyer's Remorse! Travalon says we just might have to make a trip out to Sauk again tomorrow.

This note is for Jilly Moose, but anyone can read it and learn: the songs we discussed this morning are "Dragonball Durag" by Thundercat and "I Will Always Fight for You" by H.E.R. Ever since Colbert had Thundercat on his show a few nights ago, I have been obsessed with "Dragonball Durag," listening to it over and over. It's the perfect song, since Thundercat is a bassist so it has a kicking bass line, and his voice is so smooth. The lyrics are about a nerdy guy trying to get a girl's attention. How could I have never heard of Thundercat before this? He should be MUCH more famous than Post Malone!!


Famous Hat

No comments: