Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Road to Hana Medal

 

Today I got up to go to work but still felt lousy, so my boss let me work from home. It was mostly a quiet day, but one exciting thing came in the mail: my Road to Hana medal! Isn't it beautiful? 




I wasn't expecting it to arrive so quickly - I only finished the challenge on Sunday. My regular readers may remember when I did the Mount Fuji challenge, because my aunt had told me what a beautiful medal it was. I wasn't going to do another one, but they came up with this new one, and my readers may remember when Travalon and I drove the Road to Hana on Maui. I thought it would be fun to see the street views every time I entered my mileage, but I'm too fast - when you walk five miles a day, a sixty-four mile challenge doesn't give you that many chances to see the street view. I didn't really see anything I recognized, just a lot of tropical foliage, but it was fun anyway. And I dare say this medal is even more beautiful than the Mount Fuji one! They have lots of challenges, and one I am tempted to do is the Camino. As my regular readers know, it is my dream to someday do the real Camino, so the idea of doing a virtual one seemed kind of lame. But maybe I can look at the scenery and get inspired.


Famous Hat


No comments: