Sunday, November 7, 2021

Michaela vs. the Ice Age Trail


I don't know why, but when I uploaded the photos from my phone to Boethius yesterday, this photo of my little snowman holding a lollipop didn't upload. I thought there should have been more, but I forgot about him until today, when the photo did get uploaded. I never did decide on a name for the snowman, although I think we had been calling him Sven. As you can see, he lights up under the blacklight, and so does one of the four fake roses, but his lollipop does not.


Today after Mass there were six of us at brunch, and 50% of the crowd were Sagittarii: Travalon and the two other guys that sometimes join us. Jilly Moose, Rich, and I were the other ones there. Then Travalon and I went back to Sauk so I could get the unusual French rosary, and I also got an Italian Pope Paul VI crystal rosary (on the left).


Then we took the Merrimac ferry over to the south side of Lake Wisconsin. Here are some photos from the ferry.


I took this photo while Travalon was putting Michaela back into the car.



Then we got on the Gibralter Rock segment of the Ice Age Trail. At the start, you can see the ferry.


There was also a goose party going on.


Michaela was perfectly happy walking on the flat part of the Ice Age Trail along the road, but as soon as we started climbing up the bluff, she sat down and wouldn't move. She is a sweet dog, but she is definitely stubborn! So we turned around, and she trotted happily back to the car. 

We drove back to Madison and took a walk on Governor's Island, since it is very flat so we figured Michaela wouldn't object. There were still some autumn colors there.


Here's Michaela!


She did sit down and refuse to move halfway around the island, so Travalon picked her up and carried her. She seemed happy about that - she had a big smile on her adorable, furry face.


There is a mysterious boat that has been anchored in Three Foot Bay since Labor Day. I think it looks like one of the Betty Lou Cruise boats, and in fact one seems to be missing. (They dry dock them in the Nau-Ti-Gal parking lot for the winter.) Travalon couldn't get a clear shot of it, but you get the idea.


More autumn colors.



Here are some photos of the late afternoon sun lighting up Maple Bluff.







Travalon dropped me off so I could go to Irish class, and then he and Michaela went to the dog section of Governor Nelson State Park. There are still some autumn colors there too.


Here is a shot of the mysterious boat, without branches impeding it but from much further away.


And this, of course, is the State Capitol Building.


Here is my office building, the Killer Building. I don't have to go there tomorrow because my boss has a new puppy, so she is very sympathetic to pleas to work from home for the sake of a dog.


And here is the sunset.


As we were driving back from Lake Wisconsin, we saw a mysterious tunnel just south of Lodi that we had never noticed before. We didn't have time to explore it just then, due to my Irish class, but we hope to do so soon. So stay tuned... Same Hat Time, Same Hat Channel.


Famous Hat


No comments: